Seeking Mid-Senior Level Associate to Join Litigation Boutique
Kirsch & Niehaus is a growing litigation boutique in midtown Manhattan. We focus on complex commercial litigation, intellectual property, employment, and financial services disputes and government regulatory and enforcement issues. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurial startups, and high net worth individuals, and span a variety of industries, including asset management, professional services, real estate, technology, and education. Our clients recognize and require first rate legal services and advice from excellent listeners, thinkers, communicators and strategists.
We seek a mid- to senior-level associate to join our team. We require a lawyer who can work independently to produce results, but who is also effective working collaboratively, acknowledges what he/she doesn’t know, and asks the right questions. We expect that an experienced associate will both master the details of each case (determining which details truly matter), and assist in crafting overall strategy We are as flexible as our client responsibilities allow with respect to schedules and physical presence at work. As a small firm, every hire matters greatly.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent academic credentials and a minimum of four years’ experience in private law practice experience in New York state and federal courts.
• Excellent written communication and drafting skills – able to correspond clearly with clients and opposing counsel, to draft motions and briefs, and to prepare all aspects of court filings.
• Competence handling routine court appearances and preparing, taking and defending depositions.
• Competence in managing discovery, including e-discovery and related technology.
• A desire to “own” their cases, showing initiative and proactivity.
• A “client-ready” professional demeanor.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the personal qualities necessary to succeed in a small, collegial, and sophisticated practice. Keen intellectual ability must be joined with common sense and practicality, and maturity and judgment must be combined with enthusiasm and a team-oriented attitude.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com